The Foreign Press Association was founded in New York on 16th February, 1918 as the Association of Foreign Correspondents. After WW II the name was changed to the Foreign Press Association to better reflect our membership's titles and positions. It has no ties with any government and is free from all national and political bias. It is a strictly independent, not-for-profit organization.
The Foreign Press Foundation, the affiliate arm of the Foreign Press Association, has been the conduit for both global and national corporations to support the education and development of professional journalists for the realities of today’s media industry. Since 1993 the FPF has provided over 99 scholarships to foreign graduate students studying journalists in the United States.